Friday, March 19, 2010

Literal Spring Cleaning

This Spring Cleaning Sale in our shop has (unfortunately) bled into our house. What is it about spring cleaning the house that seems like a great idea........if someone else is doing it! You think, I'll pick up this, wipe that dog sloob off that wall, move my winter boots to the back of the closet, that unleashes this "cleaning zombie"mode in someone.

If someone told you, or gave you the list of the things that needed to be done for Spring cleaning, you'd shove it back into their clean hands and give them the look like "you'd have a better chance asking me to spin gold out of that ball of dog hair that you want me to cleanup"! Yet, you do one of those things, well you're waiting for the dogs at the backdoor, and then another, and then another...well, I think you get the message.

I think it's a kind thing that your mind says "Oh, I'll just do this", kinda not let you in on what is ahead of you. Then your zombie takes over, and before you can process what you are actually doing, you're almost finished and OK with the last of the tasks that need to be done.

I won't tell you where we're at in the process......but I'm cognizant of what's left to be done.....so......

LG

0 comments: