Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Happy Birthday Finn!!


Yup.... I can't believe it myself but our little charmer is 8 today! EIGHT!!! How can that be, gentle reader? It seems like I just brought this little bundle of speckles home the other day??? How can he be eight? and how can he be as well behaved as he was on the day we brought him home? hahahaha Actually I do know the answer to that one...... LG! He has spoiled this pooch rotten. and Finn has lapped it all up with that giant tongue of his! hahahahahahhaa

This little feller is just full of character. Seriously. He could have been a cartoon. He should be. The way he trots everywhere... the way he works himself into the prime location spots wherever we are.... the way those "setter" eyes of his looking at me earnestly make me putty in his hands. Oh it's all really quite embarrassing what he can get away with.... and just what we'll put up with and do for this boy. Here's a shameful fact for ya.... for 8 years I have allowed this dog to lick the bubbles off my head when my hair is full of shampoo when I'm having a bath. I know, I know.... It's absurd. I know. But what can ya do when those eyes are looking at you while he's standing beside the tub waiting for his turn (or rather trying to stand on the side of the tub as to hurry me along). This is my boy. What can ya do?

And here's the funniest thing we just discovered the other day. We were watching a few minutes of the West Minster Dog Show and luckily happened to see the Sporting Group part of the show. Lucky for us as that's where our crew always fits in. Well, we happen to see the Irish Red & White Setter that is in the Best of Group category. Guess what? He's Finn's kin! hahahahhahaha Oh how we laughed when we saw that this incredible dog on our tube was from the very same lines (and kennel) as our boy who at the time was laying on the floor.... ahem, attending to himself! hahahahahhaa

Oh but our Finn has brought such laughter to our lives. That's the real reason he gets away with murder. He makes us laugh all the time. Funny how that works for me??? I'll put up with a great deal if someone makes me laugh! hahahahahahhaha

Happy Birthday, Finn..... here's to looking for many more years of laughter with you!

Mary Fran out

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahhh! Happy Birthday, Finn! It's obvious you're loved! Great Post!

Nitwit Collections - LG said...

Finn just wanted to say thanks for the comments and the Birthday Wishes, but his typing leaves something to be desired!!

FFFFFIniinnnn

Luisa Migon said...

I laughing till now!!! Love to know those funny things about you, Finn!

If I'm not too late, I wish you, Finn, one more great year playing with your stuffed toys and... the bubbles when your mom is having a bath!!! He he he!!!

Hugs from Luisa, Sachi and Banzé!