Saturday, February 27, 2010

Windows 7

We're going to make the leap my friends! (He says with a little trepidation!) We (OK, I) thought it would be great to get more RAM for our computers to speed things up a bit, and once I installed it, it didn't recognize the new amount. Now I'm no geeeniass, but I have put in RAM before, and it's pretty simple. Scratching my head, and trying not to look stumped to Mary Fran, I had no idea. I called the company I bought the RAM from and he informs me that because we have Windows XP 32bit, it will only recognize up to 4GB of the stuff. Would've been nice to know BEFORE I spent $650!

So...our only option is to upgrade to Windows 7, to get the full effect of my big idea! We knew we would have to eventually upgrade, but not this soon...kinda like you know you're going to have to go to the doctor, but not today!!ha,ha

Wednesday is D-Day, and I think that all will go OK, but that's what I told Mary Fran about the RAM........

LG

0 comments: